Sunday, August 21, 2011

Flowers in Boxes and Containers Everywhere!






Their growing season is so short, I don't know how they do it. There are brightly colored flowers everywhere we've been. It was the same in Brechtesgarten.  Here are a few examples.
It is very rare to see a house, commercial building, or street corner without an amazing blush of color.  Each plot is perfectly watered and trimmed.  I am not really sure when they do it...I never see anyone tending them...it is as if by magic.
All instructions and signs are in German and we are just learning.  We had to figure out that there was no charge for parking on the street because it was Saturday.  I DO know the words for "free" and "Saturday", ...that helped.  Their parking system reminds me of how they do it on the Northshore in Chattanooga with the printed tickets you put in your windshield.
Deede

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful adventure. I really enjoy reading about your perspective. Can't wait to see how the scenery changes with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete