Monday, October 31, 2011

A Moody Fall Day

The Fall weather is in full swing now as you see from these pictures.  I was gone for almost 3 weeks and came back to Burghausen to a whole new look!
I arrived at the Munich airport at 5:30 in the morning after touching down in a fairly heavy fog.  The two hour taxi ride was very hushed and misty.  The temperatures are now in the 50's during the days and near or below freezing at night.  I am always amazed at how the place "feels."
The street/city sounds were a bit muffled with the damp air and leaves ...all in the coolness...even though there seemed to be even more people out than I remembered seeing in the warm days of Summer. Hats are SO popular here, I've noticed. I guess it is because people spend their lives outdoors and don't just run through it. They need to dress appropriately for it to be comfortable.
 I made these pictures right before noon when the sun decided to peek out a bit through the overcast.
Below:  I got my bike out to go visit a friend after 2pm,
but when she didn't answer the bell at her gate, I ended up taking a bike ride to the castle. (The light was noticably dimmer). There was a touch of wood smoke in the air that seemed very different from what I've been used to in the US - something like sandelwood - kind of spicy. To add to moodiness of the day, everyone (children included) seemed to be talking in quiet tones.
Its very nice to be back. Now I will have to get used to bundling up with a hat, coat and scarf when I go out for a ride.
Deede

No comments:

Post a Comment