Thursday, November 24, 2011

Salzburg for shopping

Salzburg is a great place to stroll around and shop.  There are countless little shops down the narrow streets that are traveled mostly on foot and on cycles.
We crossed over the Salzach river on this bridge...I was with my new friend (Suzanne-who is from Ohio.) The fence-like sides were covered in "locks of love." People had put their names on these different locks and attached them to the bridge.

That is SO romantic. I will have to bring a lock for me and Billy soon.
 We had drinks at the corner table on the upper left here.  This restaurant/coffee house was established in about 1700.  In Wolfgang Mozart's day, it was a popular student hangout and he was often there. He may have even sat in the very spot I sat in! Wow, That's hard to believe.
They had the Christmas lights hanging and the booths assembled for the Christmas Market.  I plan to go there and see it over the weekend. It will be set up in the plaza in front of the cathredral (The two steeples in the top photo)
 These last two pictures are different views of the same street. The last one is up the hill toward the castle/fortress

No comments:

Post a Comment