Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Various Castle Shots

 Every Day the castle in Burghausen looks a bit different
 When you are talking about the longest castle in Europe, you have a lot of details to enjoy
 I'm not sure where this goes...the entrance to the stairway is blocked off.
 Sunset is a wonderful time to sit on a bench and enjoy the air.
Now, someday, I'd like to see if I can get up to watch a sunrise!
I guess we will wait and see what happens...

 I was in Burghausen a couple of months before I saw this beauty half hidden away



 I still haven't seen the museum that is housed in the main part.
I'm waiting for visitors from back home to share it with.
 Billy and I weren't really sure what these were
I was able to poke my camera in a small hole to get a shot of the underpinnings of this part of the castle dating back to the 1400's or 1500's.
It's hard to believe that these things could be so old.  See how the logs are hand-hewn?
 This is the restaurant at the former convent along the length of castle
I could glimpse this part through the rambling garden as I trecked up to the castle from the Altstadt (Old Town)


No comments:

Post a Comment