Monday, March 19, 2012

Piracher Strasse in the Snow

 Here's our little street in the height of the snow time this year
The road seemed to get more narrow as the days went by and we ended up taking turns with other cars more and more as the snow piled up on the roadsides. That's one major difference between driving here and the USA...There's not always enough room for everybody at the same time and you HAVE to cooperate with one another
The bottom letterbox belongs to us.  There's a yellow sticker on ours...I dont' have ANY idea what it says. Maybe I should figure it out, but I'm not too worried.
We don't get much mail anyway
 Here's my little viewing window on the second floor. It's my own personal catbird seat...
 I got a picture of the Deutsche Post truck delivering the mail one day.
Most of the time, it is done with a bicycle. My grandfather was a letter carrier for the U.S. Postal Service in Chattanooga in the 1940's through the late 1960's. He would have enjoyed seeing the bicycles with the large baskets and mailbags. He himself had to hoof his way through
the East Lake area all those years!
 The Volvo, with its snow tires, handles wonderfully in this weather
I'm gonna miss this vista when I'm back in Chattanooga.  I'll have these pictures to look back on though.  I plan to collect all the ones I have to create a multi-seasonal montage of this
straight-out view from our livingroom


1 comment:

  1. I'm also from Chattanooga and will be visiting Burghausen in May. We're staying in Burghausen, but want to go to Salzburg during the day. What's the best way to get there? We won't have a car. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete