Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dinner in Austria

  We are right on the Austrian border and if you cross over the Salzach River and look back toward Burghausen, you have an incredible view.  The castle of Burghausen (our little city) is the longest castle in Europe. It is a "conglomeration" of buildings that stretch for about a mile across the hilltop above the Alstadt (old town) below.

 We have not been able to leave Germany and travel into Austria and other countries for the last 2.5 weeks because the government has had our passports to update our immigration status. So, we were anxious to get out and about a bit tonight.  After receiving our passports this afternoon, we had dinner in a little outdoor cafe in Duttendorf, Austria...and this was our view:

I took this from my iPad and its grainy.  I'll try to retake it with my regular camera later.
Deede

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! Very jealous. You'll have to take me there this winter! :)

    ReplyDelete